Monday, February 8, 2010

Sketchy Goodness

My dear friend Steve Oatney does artist sketch cards for TOPPS. He has worked on several sets including Star Wars, Inidiana Jones and Lord of the Rings, just to name a few. Pretty cool gig! He is an amazing artist and his cards can go for hundreds on ebay (although you can just go to his website and contact him directly for commission work).

In his downtime from the TOPPS cards he has been working on his own artists trading cards. And me, being a fan-girl and all, threw out the obligatory "I want one" whine. Well, whaddya know 30 mins later I had in my hot little hands a bea-u-tiful card of Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-tchai Ekbat de Sebat.... Leeloo.


Steve knows how much I LOVE "The Fifth Element" and outside of the MIckey Mouse drawing he did for me years ago, my new Leeloo sketch card is definitely a prized possession! I thought the rest of the world should have a chance to see her.

Thank you Steve-O!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so welcome! Thanks for the post!!!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I LOVE LEELOO. I've seen the 5th element almost 100 times. It is my 2nd all-time favorite. I want a sketch too....... By the way, great blog. I just found it searching for the word "sitarzewski". Keep up the good work.