Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting ready for the holidays

I LOVE fall. I love the smell, I love the weather, I love the changing leaves, I love a comfy sweater and most of all I love making things. Halloween is probably my favorite and now that my little one is old enough to be excited about it too, this year is gonna rock! I'm already on it. Of course I am in the OMG it's August-I-need-to-make-all-my-Christmas-presents mode as well!!!! Halloween first though.

Halloween Decorations


I save all sorts of things I think may come in handy for craft projects and this time I'll get to put all those paper towel rolls to good use for the candy containers (thanks to a great demonstration at the Stampin' Up! Convention)! Some random cans will make lovely votive holders. A few thrift store finds have become pretty decorations as well. The orange vase only needed the little stamped pumpkin medallion to dress it up. The orange basket needed a new handle and thanks to a coat hanger and some black cording it now has one. I dressed it up with a cute Frankenstein medallion and scalloped punched paper stapled together and bolts through each side =)

 Halloween Decorations 2


The basket will eventually hold the candy bags. I picked up a pack of halloween cookie cutters at the last thrift store spree, hope to find some more. I'll place them in cellophane bags with candy corn etc. and tie them with ribbon and the extra stamped medallions. I also made a few halloween cards just for good measure.

The stamp set used is "Batty for You" and the Frankenstein sentiment is from "Smarty Pants". Both Stampin' Up sets. The papers, ink and ribbon used are Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, and Black. I can hardly wait to order the new Halloween paper and make all these things again. I'll be putting a class together soon showing how to make these great decorations so be sure to check out my stampin up site for class dates.

Who knows maybe I'll actually get super into Halloween and make my own candy corn too with this great recipe I found last year. (It's vegan friendly, btw.)

Now if I can just get Z to settle on the costume so I can start making that. Right now he's flipping between Astronaut and Donald Duck... stay tuned to see what his decision will be!

1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

Wow! You are very ahead of the game here!! That's awesome!! Fun projects!