Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Storm Trooper Beginnings
It doesn't look like much right now, but yes, believe it or not this *WILL* become a Storm Trooper costume! I've got a lot of work ahead of me and time is running out. Tonight Z and I worked on taking measurements and then roughing out the basic shapes. We used a few thrift store finds and household recyclable items to get started. A beat-up and slightly broken knights breast plate was a great find! It's made of a soft plastic that was easy to cut. After the decorative dragon and "hardware" were removed it was cut up to make both Trooper torso parts. Paper towel rolls and a Quaker Oats container will be the arm and leg plates. The Tonka helmet was another thrift store find that had a rim and face shield. I cut those off and will sculpt the rest of the Trooper helmet with paper mache. All of the pieces will get sculpted with paper mache to add the detail, then painted white and coated with a sealer. (At least that is the plan...)
I have already secured black leggings, black turtleneck, boots (which will have to be painted white and black gloves. It may not be 100% accurate, but we're having fun. Wish us luck and check back to see the progress!